Tuesday 2 August 2011

Hello It's the Universe Calling

Do you ever get the feeling that things happen in your life for a reason? Or that spookily certain things happen along the way that alter the direction your taking? Im currently studying to be a social worker, and in a few weeks will begin my first student placement in an agency (so excited). Yesterday I dragged my ass down to the doctor to update my immunisations for placement. The initial consultation began with me chatting to the nurse. Somehow through our disussion of whether I needed a Tuberculosis immunisation we got onto the subject of world travel. Through completing a degree in nursing, this woman travelled to four different continents and made money along the way. I was inspired.

Its pretty evident Im stressed out right now. This blog is part of my self-prescribed thereapeutic process. Which explains exactly what happened next.

I then entered the doctors office and started talking to my doctor about stress and what I could do about it (crossing my fingers for a quick fix of valium). Of course my doctor did not prescribe valium, but instead gave me a few wise words on changing the way I view my problems. The doctor explained something very simple that had a profound impact on me. That is, to stop seeing your issues as "problems" and instead see them as "challenges". If you constantly see the issues in your life as problems, you will constantly feel down trodden. However, viewing your issues as challenges to be overcome can lead to confidence once you are able to address them. Light bulb moment!

....and then today, being my usual friendly self I get talking to a sales assistant in David Jones that passionately explains how a young girl she knew completed a degree in the United States and then continued to work there for over a year in immigration, and met so many diverse people from the experience.

Hmm, maybe the world is just becoming a smaller place due to globablisation, and world travel is simply more affordable or...perhaps the universe is trying to tell me something.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me comments, I will respond.